Upgrade to the NEXT stage while maintaining traditional styling
- The Sylvan Track NEXT features a short two-piece single-sided cage built around a compact pedal body that allows for ample ground clearance when cornering. The Sylvan Track NEXT is designed to be used on the steep banking of a velodrome, but is also at home on the road. The cage plate tooth profile is almost smooth, so we recommend toe clips and straps with this pedal.
- The Sylvan Track Next is the first major upgrade to our popular Sylvan Track which was first released in 1979.
- The Sylvan Next is our new premium level of pedals that maintains the Sylvan’s traditional styling while reducing the pedal weight by 25 grams.
- Sylvan NEXT pedals use our Triple Sealed Cartridge Bearings- providing a remarkably smooth and maintenance-free rotation at a lighter weight than cup and cone bearings. The low drag bearing improves pedaling efficiency, making the NEXT series ideal for long distance riding
- Sylvan NEXT pedals use screws to fasten the plate to the pedal body making them replaceable- or customizable.
- To match the improved performance, we have upgraded the finish of the Sylvan NEXT pedals. The Sylvan NEXT is available in high polish chrome plated mirror finish on the axle, pedal body, and step plates or chrome plated axle with black pedal body and spindle.The highly polished chrome plated spindle has extremely strong anti-corrosive qualities, providing enhanced durability to salt and water.
- The Sylvan Track NEXT is available with our patented Ezy Superior quick release pedal system, known as the Sylvan Track NEXT Ezy Superior. Once installed, the Ezy Superior system allows for safe, rapid, and toolless removal of pedals for travel, storage, or flexibility. Particularly popular as an upgrade for folding bicycles, those who take their bikes on mass transit, or travel bikes with coupler systems our Ezy Superior system can dramatical improve ride quality while saving space.
※Do not dismantle the cartridge sealed bearings. These items are pre-adjusted and maintenance free.
※Do not inject lubricant into cartridge sealed bearings. Lubrication fluid stimulates grease leakage and shortens the bearing lifespan.
※The dust seal cap also functions as the bearing adjuster. If you loosen the cap, it may cause play and premature wear.
Specifications are subject to changed without notice.